Phantom VEO4K® high-speed cameras are compact, rugged and packed full of features. The VEO4K-PL has been customized for media applications with a black housing and features required for cinematography such as an optical low pass filter and PL mount. It can be thought of as Phantom Flex4K-GS image performance in the convenient form factor of a Phantom VEO. VEO cameras are known for being built tough enough to perform in difficult environments, and are rated to withstand up to 30G as configured or up to 100G without the internal mechanical shutter option (which is standard on all models). The internal components are completely isolated which protects the electronics for long-term reliability.
We require a $500 deposit upon booking. The deposit is non-refundable 48 hours before the prep/pick-up date.
We will provide a technician for the Phantom VEO4K. The technician's rate is $500/10 hours and follows CPAT guidelines for overtime rates.
|Sensor Specifications||• CMOS sensor|
• 12-bit pixel depth
• 4096 x 2304 pixels
• 6.75 µm pixel size
• 27.6 mm x 15.5 mm
• Super-35mm; 31.7mm diagonal
• Super-16mm format at 1920 x 1080
• Global Shutter (GS): Base ISO 640T Color; 5000T Mono.
• Rolling Shutter (RS): Base ISO 320T Color; 2000T Monochrome
• Recommended Exposure Index range: 1000-1600 Color; 10,000-20,000 (GS); 4000 - 8000 (RS) Monochrome
|Exposure||• 5 µs minimum exposure.|
• Rolling shutter and Global shutter modes (switchable).
• Exposure Index (E.I.) for controlling apparent ISO
• VEO4K also supports rolling shutter mode for increased dynamic range and limited need for black reference. In rolling shutter mode the scan time is 1-millisecond.
|Memory||• 72 GB high-speed internal RAM|
• Support for on-board removable CFast 2.0 cards up to 512GB
|Record Times||• 6 seconds at maximum frame rate, largest resolution and into maximum internal memory|
|Special Features||• Segment memory for up to 63 cines in multi-cine mode|
• Continuous recording
• Programmable I/O
• HD-SDI and HDMI video
• Event marking
• Frame timestamp (IRIG SMPTE or MISP)
• IRIG in/out (modulated and unmodulated)
• 7.5 µs straddle time
• Standard Internal mechanical shutter for automatic/remote Current Session Reference (CSR)
• One 12 VDC, 12W auxiliary power port
• Secondary IP address
• Field-based firmware upgrades
|Triggering||• Programmable trigger location (pre/post trigger recording)|
• Trigger from camera body or via software
• Trigger from on-camera controls
• Hardware trigger BNC
|Timing & Synchronization||• Frame synchronization to internal or external clock (FSYNC)|
• IRIG in/out (modulated or unmodulated)
• SMPTE time code support
|Camera Control||• On-Camera Controls (OCC)|
• Phantom Camera Control (PCC)
• SDK available
|Video Out||• 3G HD-SDI and HDMI on all VEO models.|
• Additional 3G HD-SDI BNC port on back.
• Supports up to 1080p60.
|Lensing||• PL-mount and Optical Low Pass Filter (OLPF) are standard|
• Canon EOS mount optional (compatible with Flex4K-style EOS mount).
• F-mount optional (compatible with v-Series F-mount).
• C-mount optional (VEO-4K specific)
|Video Processing||• Brightness, Gain, Gamma, Saturation, White Balance, Pedestal, Tone curve, Filters, Color matrix, Image flip and rotate, Crop, Scale|
|Data Acquisition||• National Instruments M- and X-Series DAQ modules with integrated support in PCC|
|Motion Analysis||• Basic measurements via Phantom Application:|
• Angles and Angular Speed
• Manual and Automatic point collection for target tracking
• Compatible with 3rd party solutions
|Supported File Formats||• Cine RAW, Cine Compressed, AVI, h.264 mp4, Apple ProRes .mov, Multipage TIFF, MXF PAL, MXF NTSC, Uncompressed QuickTime, Windows BMP, OS/2 BMP, PCX, TGA, TIFF, LEAD, JPEG, JTIF, RAW, DNG, DPX|
|Power||• 100 - 240 VAC, 16-32 VDC via primary power input.|
• 80 Watt 24V power supply included
• Secondary power input, down to 12V via capture port on VEO4K-PL
|Mechanical Specifications||• Size (without lens): 5.0 x 5.5 x 6 inches (L x W x H); 12.7 x 14 x 15 cm|
• Weight: 6 lbs (2.5 kg)
Click here for more information.